Sunday, August 9, 2009

Americana

We've been in northern Illinois having fun with Ron's brother and sister-in-law, Mike and Mary. They graciously allowed us to park in their driveway for a few days - thank heaven for friends with large driveways. I guess we should really thank the neighbors who have been staring at this rather large RV for three days.

Looks like a perfect fit to me.


Just for Ron's relatives, I'll post this picture of him and his siblings that I took two years ago when we were here. What a good looking family.


The family grew up in a very picturesque small town in Wisconsin. Maybe all of us would be better people if we had grown up in that environment. Today we attended the 'Founders Day' annual celebration. As an example of how cute the town is, just look at the town hall. Excuse me, village hall.


The festivities included a giant rummage sale, beer garden, food booths, and a parade. The bagpipers were my favorite. (I don't think they were local.)


I caught the gymnasts in mid flip.


These two reminded me of somebody, but I can't think who.


This group was called the 'Dancing Grannies'. As you can see, they're all in step.


There weren't any horses, but they did have the dragon at the end of the parade in case he left any road deposits.


With money being tight, I'm thinking about a part time job. This looks like fun. (Just kidding about the job.)


I thought this little girl was adorable as she admired the fountain.


Thankfully the rain held off, but we outran some really scary-looking clouds on our way home.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great town, and lots of fun. But I think those are the scariest clouds I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clouds make an RV"ER run for the hills. Good capture.

    ReplyDelete