Saturday, October 18, 2008

Black Tie & Blue Jeans

Catchy title, isn't it? We are still in Farmington, NM. "Why?" you ask. For the past few days, we have been at the 25th Rocky Mountain Ramble, a regional rally for members of FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association.) There are almost 500 RV's here at the Farmington Fairgrounds - all with electric and water hookups. The rally was very well organized with fun activities, vendors, and lots of seminars (which Ron attended.) We only bought one thing - inside sun screens for the front window. I LOVE them! Now we can see out while blocking out the worst of the sun.

One of the reasons I don't usually attend these huge rallies is the way they pack the RVs in. Besides the fact I don't like to be that close to anybody, I don't feel it's safe. We know too many people whose rigs have burned. I realize it's necessary for these events, though, so I just toughed it out. Here's a very small section of our row - we are actually in the shade on the left. Out of the whole fairgrounds, we were unlucky enough to get one of the few shaded spots. If I had thought fast enough, we should have driven back out and returned a couple hours later when they were back in the sunny spots. It was cold inside until the afternoon every day.


I attended a luncheon for the 'Red Hat' ladies which was open to non-red hatters. The best I could do was a red shirt, but just look at these adorable hats!


One lady even had this umbrella with a hat on it. Too cute.


There was a classic car show - small, but with some very nice cars.


And a pet parade. This is Andy who is a Welsh Terrier. We had a Welsh Terrier when I was young so he made me feel nostalgic. Andy was nothing like our dog Brandy who was a terror! When I asked his owner if I could take his picture, Andy promptly sat and posed!


One night we had a Sock Hop. I took this out our side window of our next door neighbors George and Suzanne and other new friends Elaine and Dick. Suzanne and George came in second in the 'best dressed' contest. I think the pink glasses are what really put them over the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment