Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Family Christmas

Well, technically not my family, but Ron's. However nobody could make me feel more welcome. We flew to Denver on Monday the 21st and spent a lovely week with them.

The first thing Ron does when in the area is run to the Danish bakery. I was attracted to all the chocolate coated pastries. (I'm not sure what those green frogs are.)


However, Ron's favorite is an almond kringle. The best kingles come from Racine, WI, but he said this one was very acceptable.


We stayed with his daughter Kim who treated us royally. Here she is with her 'taco ring' creation which was artistic and tasty.


While she went to work, we all pitched in to help out. Here Shannon and Grandpa Ron unloaded the dishwasher. It's a good thing Shannon knew where things went.


Ron's son Jim pitched in and helped with the cooking. . .


Under the supervisory eye of Ron's daughter Kelli. (Just kidding, Kelli did more than any of us.) As a professional organizer, she couldn't resist organizing a couple of kitchen drawers.


The day after we arrived it began snowing and continued for 24 hours. But it didn't accumulate much and just created a winter wonderland. Here's the view out Kim's back door.


Little Maddie enjoyed the snow, but didn't stay out too long in the cold.


Here's Kim with her family - husband Tom, Shannon, and Adam (and of course, Maddie.)


And the siblings - Kim, Jim and Kelli.


I even managed to get all of them in one shot. Aren't they a great looking group?


Shannon modeled what all the well-dressed 8-year-olds are wearing this year.


Christmas morning the kids were soooo excited to see what Santa brought them.


Kelli began to worry that someone thought she needed to exercise.


Don't worry, Kelli, if you can fit into those tiny shorts, I don't think you need to worry.


Kim snapped this of me when I modeled my present from Santa - just what I wanted! Hey, is that Kelli on the box?


Adam's birthday is on Christmas! Like me, I guess he never has summer clothes either.

I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday!

6 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful new year and I look forward to seeing where you go this year. Thanks, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love family stories! How lucky you all are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your dad will both be warm this winter. One of the gifts we bought him was a snuggie in blue. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Snuggie ( whats a deluxe Snuggie). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Family Holiday. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete