Thursday, October 9, 2014

Family Time

Since both Ron's daughters and their families live in the Denver area, he had plenty to keep him busy while I spent a week in Florida with my daughters.  When I returned, we stayed another week and Ron's son from Salt Lake City also flew in for a few days.  We had quite a time.  I know I should have gotten more pictures.  Ron would have loved a group shot, but we never managed it.

The day after I flew back from Florida, Ron and I babysat Kelli's two children for a few hours.  Little Elsie is pretty laid back.  We were there for her 1 month birthday which almost coincided with her original due date before she decided to make an early appearance.  At one month, she was already 6 1/2 pounds, up from the 4 pounds, 13 ounces she was at birth.

Kelli brought Elsie and her big brother Harper (I can't call him 'little Harper' any more) to visit us in the campground.  Harper remembered Grandpa's bus and wanted to drive it again.  Since he's quite a talker, it's only natural that he should try out the CB.

While Grandpa had his chance to hold Elsie.

We also enjoyed spending time with Kim's two.  We had a chance to see one of Adam's soccer games where he scored TWO goals.  It was pretty exciting.  Adam said he could hear Ron yelling encouragement.  And Shannon certainly impressed us with her gymnastics when we observed one of her practices. At one point in the floor exercises, she did 10 back handsprings in a row.  Geez.  I told her I even had trouble with a somersault,  Sorry, no pictures of them.

2 comments:

  1. You guys make good gran-photos! Enjoy it, boy they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandkids are one of life's special things. :c)

    ReplyDelete