Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sweet Sixteen?!?

Well, maybe not. But today was my birthday and in honor of the momentous occasion, Ron took me out to the Outback for dinner. Of course we pestered the folks at the next table to take our picture.



Thinking about it, why do we celebrate our birthdays? I have a friend who calls her children every year at the very minute they were born. Since they both arrived in the middle of the night, they are not too gracious about it. However, I think she has something there. Because my mother has passed on, I'll just send a 'thank you' out to my father for bringing me into this world. Here's to you, Dad!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, little sis. Looks like you had a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!
    I know what this means - in 2 weeks I'll be as old as you!! How does it feel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday. Wow! You are one week older than I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ME too! Happy Birthday to you, and I have a birthday on Monday! We have some special people in our January "Birthday Club!"

    ReplyDelete