Wednesday, November 18, 2009

AACA Museum

For the past week, I've been visiting my father in Pennsylvania. And, no, I didn't drive, but risked my health and flew. I now have a cold which I hope is just that. But I digress. . .

I had a lovely time with my Papa who is doing very well, thank you. One day we went with his neighbors Al and Carol to the Antique Automobile Club of America's museum in Hershey, the town famous for delicious chocolate. Although I forgot to bring my camera, my father kindly stepped in and took pictures for me. I felt like a reporter with my own professional photographer! The museum is really terrific with lots of cars that are older than I am. I really hate it when the antique cars are ones I remember when they were new.

Lest we forget where we are, they park the Hershey Kissmobile at the front door.


I really liked this car from 1895. It was made in Chicago and was called a Benton Harbor Motorcycle. Doesn't look like a motorcycle to me - more like a sleigh.


Like my father observed, these cars probably look better today than they did when brand new. Just look at the shine on this Cadillac.


Here I am looking at the model cars with Al and Carol. Hey! Am I the only one having fun?


I don't know what kind of car this one is, but it looks particularly nice with the background.


This is a 1919 Briggs-Stratton Model J Flyer. Propelled by the wheel in the back with a small lawnmower type engine, it's a true 'rear-wheel drive.'


Now that's what I need - a motor on my bicycle to help me up the hills. Actually this is a 1908 Indian Twin Racer.


My father really liked the Coca-Cola truck.


And I loved the model train layout. This is only a very small section of it. Look at the corn field!

6 comments:

  1. The model train layout is my favorite! I'm amazed at how much detail they can get in such a small scale. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did he not trust you with his camera? Also, I guess these aren't digital, so he had to print them out and then scan them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you shared. Started to go to Hershey while in PA and it was just a little too far out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKay let me start over...my spelling is horrible!!
    Those are some awesome vintage machines! Good to visit Family right? Enjoy your visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Hersey Kiss Mobile. I've ssen the Oscar Myer Wiener Mobile, but never heard of the Kiss Mobile.

    ReplyDelete