Thursday, March 25, 2010

San Tan Mountain Park

One day we met Carol and John for a hike around San Tan Mountain Park, a regional park about 20 miles south of our house here in Mesa.

Not that you can see it in the picture, but I got a kick out of our various t-shirts. Maybe it's because we're RVers, but our shirts represented places all over North America. John's was a state park in Texas, Carol's was Utah, mine was Key West, Florida, and Ron's was Jasper, Alberta, Canada. We just needed one from Mexico to be complete.


Partway up the hill, we turned back to admire the view. This is so typical of the Phoenix area - basically flat land, with hills that seem to pop up willy-nilly.


I know everybody has been saying this, but the desert is amazingly green this year.


The sight of these beautiful animals got me thinking about my one and only trail ride.


While visiting British Columbia during the summer of '06, Vicki organized a ride for the WINs. I dug through my photo archives to share this 'Hi Yo, Silver' moment.


Can't you just see this poor horse thinking, "Why do I always get the idiots?"

That's something I crossed off my life list - did it once, don't have to do it again.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm.... That horse DOES seem to be rolling his eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a child I loved horses and rode when I could. If I tried it today, I would be more sore than I was after our Picacho Peak hike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ones!! I thought you looked in control.

    ReplyDelete