Monday, April 20, 2015

Little Gems

Continuing westward, we hit the Elks in El Cajon for a few nights ($10 for boondocking.)  Using my Trip Adviser app, we found two really interesting spots to visit within a couple of miles.

First stop was the Mt. Helix Nature Theatre and Park.  Located on top of a 1300 foot hill, the park offers a 360 degree view of the surrounding San Diego county. Although it was much more spectacular in person, I will post my picture to the west where you might be able to make out the ocean.

And one to the south where Mexico is hidden in the blowing dust.
Granted it would have been better viewing on a less windy day.

This year marked the 90th year that Easter sunrise services were held in the park's amphitheater. What a great spot for that celebration!

I couldn't find any information on the height of the cross at the very top, but I'm guessing it's at least 30 ft.

Looking down, Ron and I wondered about this round house with all the solar panels.

Well, I happened to come across an article on this very house.  It rotates!  How cool.  To read the article, click here.  There's even a diagram of the house.

4 comments:

  1. Rotating house, huh! What a great way to change your view throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, a rotating house so you'll always have the right amount of sun on the solar panels! Obviously not a government job, too much common sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea, but we can change our views any time we want and it doesn't cost a million dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool and I would love to have all that solar on my roof, and tell my Co-Op to take a hike!!

    ReplyDelete