Saturday, June 4, 2016

On to Grand Teton NP

The route from Bear Lake to Grand Teton National Park took us through the Snake River Grand Canyon.  Very pretty, but perhaps they over-reached a bit on the name.

The Snake River was running high.

Coming into Jackson, we realized the canyon must have contributed some large bugs to our windshield.

So I tried the side window for our first sight of the Grand Teton Mountains.
(In the coming blog posts, there will be many, many pictures of those mountains without the window, but I have to go in order, don't I?)

The last time I had been to magnificent Grand Teton NP was in 2003.  On that trip, my friend Sally and I went to the Bar J Chuckwagon Supper & Western Music Show.  I was blown away.  During the intervening 13 years, I have seen several of these cowboy-themed shows, but none had come close to the Bar J.  I was so excited to finally go again.

We were greeted by this friendly bear.

The dinner was very good, but the Bar J Wranglers are the main attraction.
From left to right, Tim, Scott, Danny, and Bryan sing cowboy songs in four part harmony.  Fantastic!

Tim is an award-winning fiddle player.  Here's a little sample.


They are all amazingly talented and funny too!  At one point, they sang a medley of songs which had supposedly been requested by fans on 'BookFace.'  Here's a little piece of that.


The fifth member, Donnie, has to be the most under-appreciated.  He stays to the side of the stage and plays banjo, steel guitar, keyboard, and who knows what other instrument.  Here he is on banjo with Tim on mandolin.


If you get to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, be sure to stop at the Bar J Chuckwagon.  You won't be sorry.  I sure hope I don't have to wait another 13 years to go again!


2 comments:

  1. We went there. Several years ago but they were fantastic. Good to know they are still as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went there. Several years ago but they were fantastic. Good to know they are still as good.

    ReplyDelete