Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Visitor

We're still working hard. I thought I'd post a picture of me actually doing something. This is my job, spraying anything that dares to pop up in our pristine stones. Who knew that vinegar would kill plants? But I do smell like a salad when I'm done.


We had our first house visitor this past week. Ron's granddaughter Shannon is doing a school project to learn about geography and different places. She sent her little friend Stripey on a journey to visit all the relatives. (Stripey is a zebra. That reminds me of when I was little and we raised parakeets, all of whom were named Greeny.) Anyway we wrote in Stripey's journal and took pictures of his adventures in this foreign environment. It was fun, but I'm afraid we didn't do any sightseeing with him. Since we've been homeowners, we're hardly any fun any more.

Here Ron put him to work touching up the wall around the new counter top.


This was Ron's idea too. Stripey rode up in the fruit picker. He just had to watch out for falling oranges.


He's just a little zebra and you have to watch him constantly or he gets into trouble. Here he learned the hard way that everything in the desert has thorns.

Stripey left today and headed for Omaha. I hope he doesn't get cold.

6 comments:

  1. Stripey is so cute. I remember when a friend of mine had "Flat Bob" sent to her by a grandchild. We all saw photos of "Bob" in Florida sitting in a beach chair. Standing (stuck into)the sand close to the ocean etc. A really good idea.

    You look very professional with your sprayer. Enjoy fixing up your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story. It reminds me of my own little Piggy Pirate when I was little. I took pictures of him all over AZ, UT, WY and MT. He had quite an adventure. Oh wait, that was just last year.

    I didn't stop by a few weeks ago as planned. My planned mode of transportation wouldn't start - starter problems. It's all fixed now, so one of these days I'll stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knew home ownership is work and no fun. Thanks for confirming it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you really showed Stripey a good time. But you're wrong about the parakeets. Did you forget Bluey and Whitey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had parakeets, too! Most were named "Joey." It is nice to know you guys are working hard. We sure are!!! But, when this is over, we will both have maarvelous homes to show for it. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great visitor and great idea! We think we may try sending a visitor to our granddaughter and let her send photos to us.

    ReplyDelete