Sunday, March 22, 2009

Progress

Okay, here comes the stuff that only our good friends and relatives will find even remotely interesting, but I'm posting it anyway.

Our first room is finished! I'm not sure what's the significance that it's the bathroom.


It's complete with a new cute light. I'm trying to sell the original bathroom lights on craigslist and not having any success. I have them listed at $5. I think I'm going to drop the price to free and see what happens.


The painting is finished and the carpeting is installed. This is the view from the AZ room through the opening where the sliding glass door (which I did sell on craigslist) used to be. We're really happy with the way that turned out.


And Ron finished the pass-through from the kitchen into the AZ room. Doesn't it look nice?


We even have some furniture - some from a consignment store, some from craigslist and end tables on loan from Brenda. Note the his and her recliners.


Today our good friend Sally came over to see the house (and us) and I dragged her off to the Mesa Swap Meet (a misnomer since I think the only thing they'll accept as a swap is money.) We did what women do - encouraged each other to buy.

I didn't need much encouragement to take this home. Ron cheerfully hung it next to the front door.


I suppose this is a little crazy, but I thought this guy needed to be in my baby cactus garden. Doesn't he look happy? Sally asked what I was going to name him and I said I don't do that. She asked, "Greeny?" Not only does she read my blog, she even remembers what I write!

She wouldn't buy the gorgeous wall hanging I was pushing on her. But, Sally, let me know if you want me to go back and get it. :-)

8 comments:

  1. You house is beautiful. You two work so fast!

    Greeny ? I think you could do better than that for a name. At least you didn't name him lumpy. How about Rocky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Rocky. Wow, you have come a long way. Are you ever going to come play with us again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, if you want to buy that beautiful wall hanging for me as a house warming gift I'll accept it graciously. :-)

    I like "Rocky", too.

    I love your finished bathroom, especially the rug and the light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks wonderful. Even the tissue box in the bathroom matches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for "Rocky" as well. "Greenie" is for the birds! ;) I'm glad to see you're making progress. Ron does amazing work. You even have lamps! I'm impressed. All our stuff is still in storage...and the overflow is in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Rocky it is. I have official named my first inanimate object.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, Sally, I wouldn't hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The place is looking great. Can't wait to see more. Great light fixtures.

    ReplyDelete