Monday, June 22, 2009

Quick Trip South

Last Thursday Ron and I left the RV with the WINs in the Land Between the Lakes and made a quick 1600 mile trip in the car. Crazy, you say? Maybe. But we both had a great time.

First we drove 450 miles to Lake Oconee, about 60 miles east of Atlanta, where Ron's family was having a reunion. What a gorgeous place!

We decided to try a little southern porch sittin'.


Ron's nephew Steve was kind enough to take some of us out for a sunset cruise. How lovely.

Also in the picture are Ron's sister Mary Jo, great niece Kaylee, and Steve's wife Lana.

The next morning I took the car and left to visit my daughters and son-in-law in Jacksonville, FL - a mere 350 miles. John cooked us some terrific vittles and Laura, Christy, and I shopped 'till we dropped! Although none of us really likes shopping, we sure have fun doing it together. It took me back to when they were teenagers and we passed clothes around the dressing room. Christy and I even bought the same shirt. I should have taken a picture of us in them.

And I had the chance to spend some time with my Aunt and Uncle who also live in Jacksonville. It was wonderful to see them again. So I guess I had a family reunion too.

Amazingly, my friend Jonetta and her guy Mike happened to be passing through town while I was there. The girls and I joined them for a meal at Applebees. I hope Mike wasn't too overwhelmed by all the women - John was probably smart to decline.

Jonetta still looks just the same as she did 30 years ago when we were both in a choral/theatrical group. We really had some fun times together.

4 comments:

  1. So nice to see a photo of the girls! Haven't seen them since Rebecca's wedding in 1992.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time you had visiting family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's great to see Laura and Christy again. And Jonetta too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Ron sure take terrific pictures!!! Seeing family sure is fun.

    ReplyDelete