Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Family Time

For the past several days we've been near Denver spending time with Ron's daughter Kim and her family. Luckily we took advantage of the perfect weather over the weekend because the last few days have been c-c-cold. We even had to postpone our exit over the Rockies due to snow in the mountains. But that just gave us a little more time to enjoy the family and have some work done on the car.

On Saturday we attended one of Adam's (Ron's grandson) soccer games. I have to admit I was so fascinated by the game that I forgot to take pictures. Of course I would have needed a better camera with a telephoto lens most of the time. And since Adam is the fastest runner I think I've ever seen, I doubt I could have kept up with him.

Then on Sunday we watched Shannon (Ron's granddaughter) and her gymnastics class. Being a totally uncoordinated person, it's amazing to me what these little girls can do. Here's Shannon doing her thing on the balance beam. Her favorite is the bar.


Then Kim took us to the 6th annual Festival Italiano. Despite the threatening clouds, there was quite a turnout.


There was a Frank Sinatra impersonator. If you closed your eyes, you'd swear it was Old Blue Eyes himself.


Kim snapped this of me and Pinocchio Ron.


We spotted these signs advertising Little Feet wine. What do they mean 'stomped here?'


Wow! It's an I Love Lucy episode with kids. But is it sanitary?


Oh, thanks heaven, they clean their feet first. Or at least have them walk through a bucket of water.


And here's the finished product. We understand the fermentation process takes care of any toe jam.


Kim seems to like it.


And Ron looks happy.

And me? What a shame, I'm allergic to red wine.

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Ron sure looks happy, but a family "fix" can do that. Denver? You're getting closer..........=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're allergic to red wine??? Are you sure you're related to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to stomp grapes. Maybe next year!!

    ReplyDelete