Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy 4th!

In honor of Independence Day, I thought I'd dip into my archives from 2007 for some pictures of the monuments in Washington, DC.

To remind us of the great men who shaped our country . . .

The Lincoln Memorial from the base of the Washington Monument.

The Washington Monument from Lincoln's viewpoint (before the earthquake damage.)

And the Jefferson Memorial honoring the author of the Declaration of Independence.

Lest we forget all this country has been through, I'll include a couple of the war monuments.

World War II

And the gripping Korean War monument.

It wouldn't be right to celebrate our freedom without thanking all the service men and women who keep us free.  I am endlessly grateful to them and their families who sacrifice so much.


2 comments: