Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hiking Prep

Tomorrow we're meeting John and Carol to hike the strenuous Picacho Peak trail. So while Jim was visiting, we took a warm-up hike up to Wind Cave in Usery Mountain Regional Park - a 3 mile round trip hike with an 800 ft. elevation gain.

It was a beautiful day - even the ocotillo were leafed out with the previous rain.


Just look at the crowd at Wind Cave! Maybe McDonalds should open a franchise there. Fries, anyone?


The water seepage enables these pretty plants to grow there.


Here we are at the top. I wonder if we'll look as happy tomorrow when we climb over twice as high. All four of us have done it before, but I was younger then.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great hike. Good luck on Picacho Peak. Ive heard it's brutal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog and attitude is inspiring and contagious. Thanks for the wonderful stories and photos. It gives me hope that I can do the same some day soon. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never did make it up Picacho Peak - bummer! Looks like you guys are having great weather. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you both are able to continue such strenuous hikes! I'm just a little envious!!

    ReplyDelete