Sunday, February 7, 2010

Precious Time with Friends

Today was a very good day even by retired standards. Our friend Sally, who has a blog here, stopped by for a visit on her way through town. What fun! We showed her around the house and she duly admired all Ron had done since her last visit. Then she and I left for our 2nd annual trip to the Mesa Swap Meet. (Does two times make it a tradition?)

As we were driving into the swap meet, sister Diana (blog here) called saying she and Phil had just arrived in town. Since we RVers are always up for a change in plans, we drove right back out and met them for lunch. I can't remember the last time we were all together. Of course, hilarity ensued.


After lunch, Sally and I hurried back to the swap meet where you can find some unusual vendors.

We didn't ask.

We saw what the well-dressed manikin (or womanikin) is wearing this year.


But this statue was my favorite. Sally said, "Look! It's Ron and Barbara." I hope not for a few years, but aren't we cute?


The Superbowl just ended and although I'm not much of a football fan, I have to say that was one terrific game. I'm glad New Orleans won in their first ever trip to the Superbowl. Like most Americans, I love the underdog and the residents of New Orleans deserve some good luck after the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina. Who dat!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're fast!! It was fun day visiting, eating and shopping.

    Yeah, about those Saints. Good for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lunch was great -- glad you changed your plans.

    ReplyDelete