Sunday, August 2, 2015

Spoons?

After leaving Forks, we drove past pretty Lake Crescent on our way to the Moose lodge in Port Angeles. (Sorry. Paul, there were no spoons involved.)  There were few pull offs big enough for the RV and car, but the lake is so beautiful I just had to snap pictures out the front window.



After settling in, we visited the national park visitors center just outside of town.  I don’t recommend it unless you want some information.  Even the movie disappointed me, and made my ears hurt with the high-pitched singing.  But they did have this neat topo map of the Olympic Peninsula, most of which is Olympic National Park.

The following day we returned to glacially-carved Lake Crescent.  The lake contains very little nitrogen, which limits plant growth and allows the water to stay clear.  Just look at the color.

We took the trail to Marymere Falls past the lake . . .

And through old-growth forest.

What kind of primeval plant is this?

I was going to have Ron take a picture of me next to a gorgeous cedar tree that was about 8 feet across, but he dropped the camera.  Then when I took it from him, I also dropped it.  Needless to say, my little point-and-shoot is kaput and we don’t even know which one of us broke it.  The rest of the pictures were taken with my phone, but I was so upset, I didn’t even think of taking the tree.

Marymere Falls drops 90 feet in a lovely display. 

We stopped in Lake Crescent Lodge.  It looks very modern for being 100 years old.


Love the lights.

What a lovely spot.


6 comments:

  1. Sorry bout your camera! Lake Crescent looks wonderful---and I would love to see that 90ft falls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that waterfall. And the lodge really is a neat looking place to hang out. That is soo sad about your camera. Hope you can find another one that you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've been knifed because there was no spoon! ;c)

    I've broken a couple of cameras, too, so don't feel like you're the only one.

    The color of the lake water is amazing, looks like a new place for me to put on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crescent Lake was beautiful, Too bad about the camera but good that you are both to blame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I'm obviously not reading your posts in order. Now I know how it got broken, just not by who? Or is it whom?
    I think phones do as well as cameras, even really expensive ones, except for close-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't know who broke the camera then no one is to blame.

    ReplyDelete