Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fun with WINs

As I mentioned in the last post, Ron and I are hosting a gathering for our Singles RV club, WIN. This is the end of the second day and I have to say it's going pretty well, despite my initial panic. This morning was cloudy and windy so we moved our schedule around and toured locally in St. Ignace. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and 23 of us are going to Mackinac Island with 15 bicycles.


Last night when we lined the vehicles up to go to dinner, Ellie hopped on the back of Mike's bike. I thought I'd call this, "Granny rides a Harley."



You can't go far in this part of the country without running into Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox. Here we and they are at Castle Rock.



Are we supposed to climb that?!?



Oh, thank heaven, there are steps - almost 200 of them.



After a couple of pauses to breathe, here are some of the group at the top with Lake Huron in the background.



Back down in the gift shop, the kids got rowdy. This is to disprove Brenda's theory that I look good in any hat! However Peggy does look adorable and as for Phil, well you have to love a guy who is secure enough to wear a turtle hat!



Ron have you been using Rogaine?



By the time we walked around town a bit, the weather improved. Here are Ron and Billy with the 'one that got away.'



That's a really big rudder, guys.

This rudder is from the 218 foot William H. Barnum, a wooden steamer that shipwrecked in 1894.

4 comments:

  1. I think you look adorable in your hat!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, I stand by my statement. You look adorable in that hat, but what is it?

    Love Ron's hat, too. He is a blonde, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, how I wish I were there on a bike with y'all..I hope Ron bought that hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat picture. Still think we should have bought one for the kayakers to pass around when they dunk.

    ReplyDelete