Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sawtooth NRA (part 4)

Another day we drove around Redfish Lake, looking for that iconic lake/mountain picture. 

As I was taking this picture from the visitors center, I thought it looked familiar.

Sure enough, I had taken the same picture 10 years earlier.  I dug this one out of my Flickr account which I had before I started the blog.
 Sawtooth mountains

We also took the Fishhook Creek Trail.

Where we spotted this whale skeleton.  What a surprise!   LOL

I always love nature’s rock gardens, although they never look as good in a picture.

These are Mariposa Lilies in Idaho, very similar to the Sago Lilies from Arizona.


We also stopped at Little Redfish Lake, which is just as pretty as its big brother.

2 comments:

  1. SO beautiful there the jagged peaks and the lake very photogenic!! I like the snowy shot also. That rock garden is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water and jagged mountains ... an unbeatable combo.

    ReplyDelete