Sunday, August 11, 2013

Even More Glacier NP

Rising Sun CG is only about two miles from the tripod spot for the famous picture of Wild Goose Island in St. Mary Lake.  I went twice (and thought about a third time) to capture it in different lights.  The first trip was at about 10am and I liked the reflection.

But the next day, I thought I'd try for an earlier shot for the morning light.  Little did I realize I'd also catch the moon.
I'm posting both because I can't decide.

Next Ron and I decided to visit the Two Medicine area.  After doing a short hike to Paradise Point on the south shore, we accepted an offer to have our picture taken.  Reluctantly, we took off our hats and sunglasses, but unfortunately I couldn't do anything about my hat hair.

Next we waked some of the north shore.

Looking up, we noticed a fish glacier.  I wonder if anybody else has noticed it.

There was a lot of pretty Fireweed (Chamerion angustifolium) blooming along the trail.

Such a pretty flower to be called a weed.

It's not as spectacular as Many Glacier or St. Mary areas, but still pretty.   And the campground is big and non-reservable.

7 comments:

  1. Some great shots there...Love the moon and you'se guys look great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry had to delete the last post as I misspelt Rosebay Willowherb.

    We call Fireweed, Rosebay Willowherb and its very common here and adds lots of colour to the roadsides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote for both pictures as the perfect shot. And the fish glacier, only you would see such a thing! :cD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see both your smiling faces in a pic. Looks like you're having a great time on those beautiful hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see why you couldn't choose between the first two photos ... both are great, but since I am partial to reflections, I have to go with the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for both photos also. Nice!

    ReplyDelete