Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Bright Light

When we awoke the next morning, we opened the curtains and were blinded by a bright light.  What’s this?  Although we have had some afternoon sun, this was the first morning sun in recent memory.  I took the opportunity to photograph our overnight spot under this gorgeous Monterey Cyprus tree.

Even the trunks of these trees are pretty cool.

We had a big day, about 100 miles to Van Damme State Park in Mendocino.  After the first stressful 20 miles, we were ready for a pretty pull off.


I’m not sure if this section of CA 1 is any easier than driving Big Sur.  The road has no shoulder with at least as many turns and hills as the more famous southern section.  And cows!

More pictures through the front window.

Turn, turn!

This is what it looked like from my seat.


Ron is my hero.

4 comments:

  1. Jim doesn't really like it when I take him on roads like that because he never gets to see anything. Hope it wasn't too much of a shock to your system to see that sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's almost a hair pin curve like in the mountains upstate, you can see the rear of your car beside you as you go around the curve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that picture of your motorhome under that Miley Cyrus tree... ;c)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this picture,. Thank for sharing :))

    ReplyDelete