Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cute Trinidad

This might appear to be a lighthouse, but the Trinidad Civic Club built this memorial to those lost and buried at sea.  How sad to see the list of names inscribed around the memorial.

There are a lot of rocks along the coastline in this area and I'm sure many more hidden beneath the water.  I snapped this along the appropriately named Scenic Drive which I mentioned in the previous post.

That's Trinidad Head in the distance which we decided to hike.  It was an interesting trail through lots of vegetation,

And some nice viewpoints.   Of course it's always a struggle seeing anything with the coastal fog.

It's easier to focus on the plants like this precious tiger lily.

On the way to the top, there's a viewpoint where you can catch a glimpse of the working Trinidad lighthouse. Exciting, huh?

Although you do get some nice views of tiny Trinidad.

Back down at bay level, we spotted this diving duck.  As you can see, the water was very clear and we could see him fly though the water.  I looked him up and decided he was a common murre, but I thought he was pretty special.

And I just have to post this gorgeous flowering tree which was outside the laundromat we patronized.  I'm thinking it's an ornamental cherry.


3 comments:

  1. Haven't seen a tiger lily in many years. My mother had them growing in our backyard when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cherry blooms are beautiful. The murres are some of my favorite birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those flowering trees are lovely and I bet they smell nice too!

    ReplyDelete