Friday, May 30, 2008

Lincoln Town

Springfield, Illinois is a town with a theme. Although he was not born there, Abraham Lincoln lived 17 years of his adult life in Springfield. Everywhere you go, it's Lincoln Laundromat, Lincoln Deli, Lincoln Car Wash - you get the idea.


This sign on a restaurant was my favorite - I wonder how Honest Abe would feel about pushing hot dogs.



Like all good tourists, we went to the Presidential Museum. It was really very well done and not even too much standing. Here I joined the Lincolns for a stroll around the lobby. (Or as Ron says, "the Lincolns and their maid."



Back outside, Ron had a nice visit with the great man himself. (That's Union Station behind them.)



We also went to see the house where the family lived. I took a picture, but I actually preferred the models because you get the bird's eye view. This is what the house looked like when the Lincolns bought it.



And this is what it looked like by the time Abe had all the improvements done.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly think you had a great time in Lincoln Town!!

    ReplyDelete