Thursday, May 29, 2008

Moving Day

Today we made our way from St. Louis to just south of Springfield, Illinois. Now normally I wouldn't post anything on a simple move, but I was just tickled by a couple of things today and I had to share.


First of all, we desperately needed to do laundry. I was down to my last pair of underwear (and I don't want to hear any suggestions about turning them inside out!) We drove into Pawnee thinking it was about the right size for a laundromat and Voila! This was as convenient as having five washers and dryers in the RV. You can't see the door, but it was almost even with our door. Obviously we were the only ones there.

Maybe this doesn't mean as much to people with houses, but I got a kick out of it anyway.


We continued on to our destination - Sangchris Lake State Park. Judging by this one, we are very impressed by Illinois Parks. They even have the option of boondocking, so we're only paying $10 a night. Since everybody else wants hookups, there is only one other site occupied in this loop.



But this was what really got me giggling. Who ever heard of a Coke machine in the middle of a campground loop?

We can see it from where we're parked and it shines like a guiding light in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment